2 ½ c – Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
2/3 c – Raw Wild Rice
1 ½ Tbsp – Olive Oil
1 Medium Red Onion, Chopped
2 Large Celery Stalks, Diced
2 Medium Firm Pears, Cored and Diced
2 c – Finely Diced Whole Grain Bread
1/3 c – Dried Cranberries
1/4 c – Chopped Pecans
2 tsp – Salt-Free Seasoning (Spike, Mrs. Dash, etc.)
Salt and Freshly ground Pepper to Taste
1/2 c – Apple Cider
1. Bring the broth to a simmer in a small saucepan. Stir in the wild rice, then cover and simmer gently until the liquid is absorbed, about 35 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
3. Heat the oil in a medium-sized skillet. Add the onion and sauté until translucent. Add the celery and sauté over medium heat until both are golden.
4. Combine the onion-celery mixture with the cooked wild rice and all remaining ingredients, except the apple juice, in a mixing bowl. Stir well to combine. Drizzle the apple juice in slowly, stirring all the while, until the mixture is evenly moistened.
5. Transfer the mixture to a lightly oiled, large, shallow baking dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the tops beings to get slightly crusty.
Jessi, SCFCU Lead Teller
Stay tuned for more Employee recipes throughout the Holiday season!