Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Meet Faye!

Hi all, Phoebs here…as many of you recall, I work with the folks at St. Cloud Federal Credit Union to educate, support, and encourage our Members to become Financially Fit. More recently, I’ve been helping my friend Frank look at his financial choices and help him find ways to make healthier decisions that can impact his overall Financial Fitness, which as many of us know – effects our overall well‐being.

Now I’d like to introduce you to my good friend Faye. I met Faye in college, and even though she’s a few years older than me, we’ve been great friends ever since. Faye is very intelligent and has been very successful over the years. After college she landed her ‘dream job’… which in her words, came with ‘a dream salary’. Because Faye makes a good deal of money, she doesn’t feel the need to budget and likes to ‘spoil’ herself and others from time to time – which isn’t a bad thing, but when it comes to working on Financial Fitness, I could tell Faye was struggling.

As I mentioned, Faye is extremely smart and savvy, so the conversation about Financial Fitness goals wasn’t an easy one; she tends to get embarrassed when talk of retirement plans, credit scores, and savings accounts are part of the conversation because it’s not something she’s familiar with. I explained to Faye that you should never be embarrassed to talk to someone about your finances – and many of us don’t understand some of those intimidating terms! A few years back when I struggled with my own Financial Fitness, it felt great to talk with the my friends at St. Cloud Federal Credit Union – they’re supportive, approachable, and very understanding…I assured Faye that it’s OK (and healthy!) to ask for a little help sometimes!

Long story short, after a great chat (and, ok, a little coaxing and encouragement), Faye has agreed that together we can get her on the track to Financial Fitness, and make her feel better about where her hard‐earned money is going (and not going).

Faye has been such a great friend to me, and I can’t wait to help her with Financial Fitness goals in any way I can. I’m sure I’ll be writing again soon to discuss our progress and/or road blocks. I’m excited to introduce her to all of you, and the friendly faces at St. Cloud Federal Credit Union – together we can make our financial dreams a reality!

Cheers,

~Phoebe

No comments:

Post a Comment