Week 1 – April 1st, 2014 Don’t Be An April Fool! Attend Financial Fitness!
Presenter: St. Cloud State University’s Center for Economic Education
- Intro Quiz- What is your Money Personality?
- Budgeting Project- How should you allocate your income (activity)?
- Mending Your Spending
Week 2 – April 8th, 2014 Your Credit: The Good, The Bad, The UglyPresenter: St. Cloud State University’s Center for Economic Education and St. Cloud Federal Credit Union
- How it works
- How to build it
- How to talk to your kids about it
Week 3 – April 15th, 2014 Home Buying 101Presenter: Jim Arnold – St. Cloud Federal Credit Union
- Buying vs Renting
- Analyzing income and expenses
- Credit Scores
- Different Loan Types
- Money needed to purchase
Week 4 – April 22nd , 2014 Drafting Your Financial BlueprintPresenter: Jackie Evavold – St Cloud Federal Credit Union
- Funding college education
- Minimizing taxes by allocating your resources
- Consider the benefits of a Roth IRA
- Planning for income in retirement
- Do you need an estate plan?
Week 5 – April 29th, 2014 Protecting Your Good NamePresenter: St Cloud Federal Credit Union
- Credit Monitoring
- Identity theft
- Payday loans, credit cards and other products
- Credit Awareness
- Program Evaluation & Wrap Up